Wordsearch Builder takes a list of words and places them on a grid in any direction allowing the to cross-over where possible then fills in the remaining empty spaces with semi-random letters.
Please feel free to use the generated wordsearches for whatever you want including in school classrooms or for personal use.
The abort-and-retry word placement to try 500 times before giving up.
- Foreach word
- Pick a direction at random
- Compute possible start points based on word length, direction and grid size
- Begin placing word. If an occupied cell is encountered which contains a different character than would go in for this word, then abort and start this word again.
- When all words are placed, infill the remaining cells with random characters weighted by standard English letter frequencies
Thanks for trying it out :-)
- Save and Publish wordsearches
- Dynamic resizing of grid
- Hide word list